Here is an [email protected] classic — and one that we need to hear this time every year. For those of you who are planning or attending some sort of office festivity in the coming weeks, remember these things:
1. If alcohol will be served, organize a designated driver program.
2. Alcohol and mistletoe do not mix.
3. Everyone has a camera.
4. If you’re wondering whether or not you could pull off a karaoke number – you can’t.
5. No matter how strong the urge, do not under any circumstances “get something off your chest” at the party.
6. If you’re wondering whether or not you should confess a romantic interest in one of your co-workers – don’t.
7. Many people would consider it to be a wonderful gift NOT to have a gift exchange of any kind.
8. It’s pretty humiliating to be required to dress as Santa or an elf, so use the power to select such people wisely.
9. Whether you call it a “Holiday Party” or a “Christmas Party”, someone will complain.
10. No matter what you are being paid for organizing this event, it is not enough.
What tips would you like to share with the masses?