One of the most disappointing things to me (so far) about our modern age (other than current politics) is that we do not have personal jetpacks for dashing around town. Pollution-free, of course. As a child growing up watching The Jetsons (and a grown-up who to this day learns most of his science from cartoons), I truly thought we would have jetpacks by now.
And time travel! We were promised time travel!
Which makes me think. . . about how I would love to go back in time and slap some people from my professional past.
Here’s my top ten:
- The boss who failed to come into the office due to a “really bad sliver” after previously expressing great disappointment when I did not rise from my bed in an emergency room to join her at a meeting.
- The applicant who tried to kill me and – I admit it – I also want to slap the receptionist in that same story.
- That was two.
- The co-worker who heated up cod and halibut – not so fresh cod and halibut – in the microwave.
- The co-presenter who did not stop talking.
- The person who convinced me that a class just about public records retention could be “fun”. (I tried. It wasn’t).
- The co-worker who stole my Girl Scout cookies, whoever you are.
- The boss who required twenty-year old me to walk drunk ladies to their remotely-parked cars (many of whom groped me and made suggestions that shocked my young ears) – and who later I found out was accepting five dollar tips from these ladies for assigning me to the task.
- The co-worker who thought baking a potluck casserole while also using spray-on oven cleaner was “efficient”.
- The new supervisor who told me it was wonderful that I was “not good looking” because now everyone knew that he hired based on quality.
Who would you go back and slap? Do tell.
P.S. I just realized that one person made the list twice. That’s a Double Slap! Can anyone guess which two match?
Evil Skippy and/or Jim are available to speak at your conferences and seminars! For information or to send a question for Evil Skippy to answer, use the “Contact” link on the left sidebar. You can also follow Jim’s comedy career on Twitter @JimWebberLOL.