One of the most disappointing things to me (so far) about our modern age is that we do not have personal jetpacks for travelling around town. Pollution-free, of course. As a child growing up watching The Jetsons (and a grown-up who to this day learns most of his science from cartoons and social media), I truly thought we would have jetpacks by now.
And time travel! We were promised time travel!
Which makes me think. . . about how I would love to go back in time and slap some people from my professional past.
Here’s my top ten:
- The boss who failed to come into the office due to a “really bad sliver” after previously expressing great disappointment when I did not rise from my bed in an emergency room to join her at a meeting.
- The applicant who tried to kill me and – I admit it – I also want to slap the receptionist in that same story.
- That was two.
- The co-worker who heated up cod and halibut – not so fresh cod and halibut – in the microwave.
- The co-presenter who did not stop talking.
- The person who convinced me that a class just about public records retention could be “fun”. (I tried. It wasn’t).
- The co-worker who stole my Girl Scout cookies, whoever you are.
- The boss who required twenty-year old me to walk drunk ladies to their remotely-parked cars (many of whom groped me and made suggestions that shocked my young ears) – and who later I found out was accepting five dollar tips from these ladies for assigning me to the task.
- The co-worker who thought baking a potluck casserole while also using spray-on oven cleaner was “efficient”.
- The new supervisor who told me it was wonderful that I was “not good looking” because now everyone knew that she hired based on quality.
Who would you go back and slap? Do tell.
Evil Skippy and/or Jim are available to speak at your conferences and seminars! For information or to send a question for Evil Skippy to answer, use the “Contact” link on the left sidebar.