Have you ever been afraid at work?
— Just Wondering
10 Times Evil Skippy Has Been Scared At Work
- The time Santa tried to strangle me. As reported previously.
- The time my training room went into lockdown due to a sniper on the loose.
- The day we ran out of diet cola before noon.
- The moment when a trial witness told me – just before she went on the stand to testify at an important trial – that she had multiple personality disorder and might “change personas” while testifying.
- The first time I “broke” the copier. (The next thousand “breakings” were routine.)
- The week of the stalking police officer. Long story.
- Getting food poisoning at a firm retreat and being afraid I’d be murdered for camping out in one of two bathrooms for about two hours.
- My first bomb threat. Receiving, I mean.
- The New Year’s Eve when I accidentally set off the fire alarm sprinklers at a fancy restaurant. It was a case of over-flambéing.
- The day it dawned on me that no one actually cleaned the office refrigerator.