Yes, this is Evil Skippy at Work. Nonetheless, I have a feeling some of the following tips might also be useful at the imminent rounds of Thanksgiving family gatherings. Whether at private holiday gatherings or while plugging away after the holiday on the job along with your co-workers – here’s a Top Ten that might be just what you need these post-election days.
The Top Ten Things To Say
To Change The Subject Away From The Election
- Is that from Botox — or did you have work done?
- Tofu’s not so bad.
- Does anyone else wonder if the turkey knew what was about to happen?
- Is it hot in here?
- How about those Seahawks/Saints/Patriots/Whoever?
- Wouldn’t it be weird if it turns out that Elvis isn’t dead?
- I wonder if it really is going to start snowing tonight like the weatherman said.
- Star Trek is far superior to Star Wars. (Note: Works equally well the other way).
- Have you thought about doing voiceovers? You have such an interesting voice.
- Stop talking. Please, for the love of humanity, just stop talking.
Readers — which might work for you? Feel free to add your own, and please oh please take notes about how they do work out if you use them with the family.
Evil Skippy and/or Jim are available to speak at your conferences and seminars. For information or to send a question for Evil Skippy to answer, use the “Contact” link on the left sidebar.